Re: dhelp/dwww: "document.htmlgz", Apache mod_rewrite, mod_actions

On Wed, Jan 14, 1998 at 11:25:32PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>  The server has been configured, in "/etc/apache/srm.conf", with:
>

> DirectoryIndex index.html index.htmlgz index.htmlbz2
[snip]

Unfortunately, a package (eg dwww) cannot modify Apache's srm.conf
automatically to add this. I had done this in www-sql (which
benefits from configuring apache to handle .sql files) but
later found out that it's not allowed by policy.

Finding a way for apache to allow configuration modifications
would be nice but difficult I suspect.

hamish