Re: PW#5-12: New upload procedure

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Steve Greenland wrote:

> On 13-Jan-1998 23:34:29, Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> wrote:
> >
> >      1. With the current proposal, bug reports are only closed for source
> >      uploads.  (That's important since we don't want our bugs being closed
> >      several times, once for each architecture :-)
>
> I'm sorry, I missed the definition of a "source upload". Is it only
> one that contains a .orig.tar.gz, or is a new .diff.gz sufficient? If
> the former, it seems overly restrictive: I'm not going to upload a new
> .orig.tar.gz file every time just to get automatic bug closing.

I think we'll use the "Architecture" line in the .changes file to check
for a source upload:

        Format: 1.5
        Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 14:22:37 -0600
        Source: foo
        Binary: foo
        Architecture: source all
        [...]

So it's up to dpkg-genchanges to decide, whether it's a source upload or
not. AFAIK, the current check of dpkg-genchanges is correct.

But of course, you can always choose to close a bug yourself, just as you
do it now. This can become necessary if a non-source upload (e.g., from
recompiling the package for another architecture) fixes a bug.

Thanks,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,