Re: Implementation of Developer's DB

On 9 Jan 1998, Guy Maor wrote:

> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:
>
> > Don't believe me? Just let me note, that all packages that are currently
> > maintained by a group of developers, have a much longer list of
> > outstanding bug reports than most one-maintainer packages, for example
> > dpkg, boot-floppies, doc-debian containing the FAQ (not much bugs, but the
> > FAQ is actually orphaned).
>
> Oh come on.  Maybe it's more related to the fact that it's the most
> complicated packages that need more than one person to maintain them.

Your argument would probably be valid if these packages would be actively
maintained but be so complicated, that all the bugs are new. Obviously,
this is not the case here.

A possible compromise would be to add a new control field called
`Co-Mainainters:' (or something like that) which can be set to someone
other developer, a mailing list, etc.

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
                    schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Don't know Perl?     schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.perl.com     http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/