Re: splitting debian-devel-changes

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> Well, now that the Debian ports generate a lot of postings in
> debian-devel-changes, I think it is time to split that list by
> architecture.

I think a more complete approach is needed for this issue. Other things
which should be considered:

- Changing the 'Maintainer' field in upload announcements to something more
  accurate for binary only uploads for other archs.

- Proper support for multiple arch uploads, at the moment they are not
  accounted for in the summary announcements on debian-changes.

- Possibly a more compact format for upload announcements for binary-only
  recompiles.

- Integration with auto-compilation efforts.

Therefore I would ask that this discussion be deferred until after
the release of Debian 2.0, which should be our primary focus for now.

	Martin.