Re: x-game in /usr/X11R6 or in /usr/games?

> fun progs (xearth) made it to /usr/X11/bin.

xearth isn't "game like" in any way -- there's no interaction.  It's
commonly used as a display background or a "where are the debian
developers" display -- and as such, is an essential system utility
(got to know what direction to throw those rocks :-)

> I think that a seperate tree for games is a bit discrimating.

Yep! :-)  It's traditional, as well, mostly I suspect so that (for
example) overenthusiastic admins could have a cron job chmod off
access to /usr/games during business hours (always described as an
alternative to not having them at all; usually leading to an "arms
race" of personal copies, etc...)

Alternatively, it's a seperate directory that one can make sure is
properly backed up (my SO would be annoyed if anything happenned to
nethack on my systems here :-)

It's worth checking what FSSTND/FHS have to say about /usr/games, if
anything.  Remember that /usr/X11R6/bin *itself* is discriminating --
/usr/bin would do -- but that's another historical artifact...

Anyway, assuming we're still supporting the use of /usr/games, I'd
recommend putting scavenger there, assuming it is actually a game.

			_Mark_ <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
			The Herd of Kittens
			Debian X Maintainer