Re: Filesystem Hierarchy Standard 2.0 (fwd)

> Well, this sort of thing is why we will probably have a version 2.1.
> We can remove or modify the section in the annex if it conflicts
> with recommended practice.  I'll look into it.

Yes, definitely goes against recommended practice. The headers should
match the ones with which the C library was built. Otherwise, the C
library itself does not know the size of structures you are passing to
it, etc. The kernel is supposed to provide a backward-compatible interface,
but it's difficult for it to do this when your C library is built with a
different set of headers from the application.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html