Re: README.Debian or README.debian?

I was asking myself some time ago why README.debian? I wonder where I
inherited that from? Next version of debmake
will do README.Debian ......

In article <[🔎] 19971115213953.11063@kite> you wrote:
: Richard Braakman wrote:
: > The policy suggests the name README.Debian for debian-specific
: > information, but I found that most packages actually use README.debian
: > (lowercase).  Perhaps we should change the policy and then make
: > implement it consistently?

: README.Debian is more consistant - fits in with changelog.Debian.

: I suspect the reason there are so many with a lower case 'd' is becuase
: that's how debstd installs it. Maybe we could just file a bug on debstd for
: not conforming to the policy and then wait a while to let all the packages
: be rebuilt.

: --
: see shy jo