Re: Backspace and delete

Quoting Ian Jackson (ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk):
>  * Some terminals have a `<--' key that cannot be made to produce
>    anything except ^H.  On these terminals Emacs help will be
>    unavailable

Not unavailable, just not on ^H. It would still be mapped to F1, or
M-xhelp in the worst case. I know some emacs groupies would fight that,
but I long since put (keyboard-translate ?\C-h ?\C-?) into my .emacs--
I've wasted far more time logging in at strange consoles and accidently
getting help when I hit the backspace key then I will ever waste having
to type M-xhelp.

--
Michael Stone, Sysadmin, ITRI     PGP: key 1024/76556F95 from mit keyserver,
mstone@itri.loyola.edu            finger, or email with "Subject: get pgp key"