Re: Backspace and delete

I am sure that emacs can program the keyboard to its liking. There is no need to
impose a standard on the rest of the world just because of emacs.

But I am not sure that Ian meant to proscribe Backspace -> DEL. Seems to me that he
wants an app to respect the "stty erase" setting. I think that is a wise thing
to do considering that Backspace -> DEL is hardwired in the linux kernel by Linus.

The trouble is that we have to probably make some apps adapt to "stty erase" instead
of having a compiled in setting.

In article <[🔎] 87wwid6y0i.fsf@tiamat.datasync.com> you wrote:
: Hi,
: >>"Ricardas" == Ricardas Cepas <rch@WriteMe.com> writes:

: Ricardas> Regarding this Emacs bug usually it is possible to use F1
: Ricardas> for help.

: 	And most Emacs afficiandos say EEEEWWW (any such default may
:  give one a strong desire to explore freebsd, for example ;-)

: 	manoj