Re: free PGP (Was: Re: are md5sums mandatory for all packages?)

On Sun, Dec 21 1997 13:33 +0200 Kai Henningsen writes:
> You _do_ know that there's a free PGP version, right? (The "u[i[n]]"
> series.) See the international PGP home page. It's derived from very early
> PGP versions that were still free. Incidentally, the guy who did the last
> hacks on it lives in the same city as I do :-)

Isn't the problem with PGP (even the free version), that it uses IDEA by
default, which is a very secure algorithm, but unfortunately only gratis
for non-commercial use?

The location of PGP, namely the non-us section, is IMO not the problem
(but I live in Europe :)

David
--
David Frey (51F35923114FC864 7D05FF173C61EFDE)
  -- Henry Spencer

Debian GNU/Linux... the maintainable operating system.

Unsolicited email advertisements are not welcome; any person sending
such will be invoiced for telephone time used in downloading together
with a CHF50 administration charge.