Re: are md5sums mandatory for all packages?

> Kerberos is free software and it is more than equivalent to ssh. It also
> has the advantage of being a standards track protocol (RFC 1510).

It also has the disadvantage of being developed in the US.  I *have*
Kerberos V5 debian packages; one of the last things I did at Cygnus
was to check a debian/* directory into the main source tree.  But
because of the EAR/BXA (the ITAR died in January, but it's not like
you can tell) I can't usefully make it available.

If someone wants to do a password/tell-four-lies server for "US-only"
distribution, like the non-us stuff, and *take responsibility* for it,
I'd be willing to maintain Kerberos (V4 and V5), Kerberized CVS,
Kerberized PRMS [err GNATS] (crude but there), and MIT Zephyr
Messaging System packages, simply because I do them all for my own use
anyway.

Otherwise, about the only option is for someone *outside* the US to
package up the KTH V4 release (it's in much better shape than eBones)
or for V5, wait for Heimdall to actually get released, and put them on
the non-US site.  Unfortunately I think it wouldn't be legal to build
cvs or zephyr against them from in here, those would *also* have to be
on the non-US site... but unlike some things there it would be legal
to use those within the US (though redistributing them further would
be just as hard as distributing US-only versions.)