Re: Do we want /usr/libexec ?

> Some upstream packages place auxiliary executables (i.e., executables
> which are not called by the user/sysadmin himself) into /usr/libexec or a
> subdirectory.

 I think that executable files are just another form of data. If the user
might want to call these files by name, as commands, we put them into a
special directory, included in the PATH variable. If they aren't supposed to
be called by users, then they don't differ from normal data files, also note
that libraries are executable code that can't be invoked directly from the
user. I think /usr/lib/ is fine.