Re: additional virtual packages for kde

On Fri, Nov 28, 1997 at 02:46:19PM +0100, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> > I thought that policy required discussion, not just notification.
>
> thanks for telling me ! i looked at the policy :
> ... (using and not using virtual packages) ...
> They must not use virtual package names (except privately, amongst a
> cooperating group of packages) unless they have been agreed upon and
> appear in the list of virtual package names.
>
> kde* is a privately, and its a cooperating group of packages.
> so everything is fine with policy, problem solved.

In this case, as far as Debian the project is concerned,
there is only one developer involved -- yourself.
You can't hold a discussion with yourself.

> thanks to everybody for your cooperation and help.

ie "to hell with you"?

Please subscribe to debian-policy, at least for now;
it is low volume and this thread is most of the traffic
at present.

hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.