Re: additional virtual packages for kde

On Thu, Nov 27, 1997 at 12:17:47AM +0100, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> short term solution
> ===================
>
> my solution (two virtual names) is meant to be a short term solution.
> all i want is, to inform you and to give you the possibility to offer me
                    ^^^^^^

> a better short term solution.

I thought that policy required discussion, not just notification.
I realise that we have had discussion but no consensus has been
reached; therefore, you should not go ahead and use your
virtual package names.

> kde is the first and only case with this problem.  the current case was
> never discussed before, so i do not consider the policy authorative.
> as maintainer my decission is authorative.

Only after discussion (& presumably agreement) about the virtual
package names.

> project goals need long discussions. i need a solution now, and
> everything you showed didn't impress me. i will obey any decission,
> that will be done.

What is wrong with Christian's final solution? You didn't reply.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.