Re: additional virtual packages for kde

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Luis Francisco Gonzalez wrote:

[snip]
> I think Andreas is right here. It'll be debian users that will suffer. I
> don't feel I know enough of the packages and kde to be sure which is the best
> technical solution but I do think we should work something out. And this
> regardless of whether we like kde or not.

Note, that my standpoint has nothing to do with KDE being "non
completly free". It would be the same discussion if someone suggests to
make emacs replacable with a emacs.deb from the FSF.

> It's in the interest of our users and of not being called a "broken"
> distribution.

I don't think anyone would call our distribution "broken" if he/she
removes some of our packages, replaces them with someone else ones, and
fails.

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
Do you know         schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian GNU/Linux?    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.debian.org   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/