Re: additional virtual packages for kde

> As our packaging format becomes more popular (and we really want it,
> don't we?) there will be more upstream authors that package their
> programs as "deb" but don't follow our policies (non-FSSTND-compliant
> packages, for example).
>
> What are we going to do to avoid conflicts between their versions and our
> own packaged ones? I guess virtual-packages is not the optimal solution...

i agree. that is the problem. but we have to take care of it, we can't
move the responsibility of creating correct conflicts etc. to the
authors.

i know that virtual-packages are not the optimal solution, but it's
working till we have something better. and two virtual names to manage
16 packages isn't a bad ratio :-)

andreas