Re: additional virtual packages for kde

> Surely it is sufficient for your packages to Conflicts: theirs
> and theirs to Conflicts: yours.

i need the provides: so i have something to conflicts: to.

> Also, should Conflicts: etc refer to packages outside the distribution,
> eg the KDE-done kde packages? Unless we are planning to distribute
> both kdes.

we are distributing our version, and they are distributing their
version. but some users may get their hand on both, so we need some way
to make sure, that a user will not mix both versions.

i think the conflict/provide mechanism is the best solution for this.
(or better : the only practical solution i know :-)

andreas