Re: additional virtual packages for kde

On Sun, Nov 23, 1997 at 06:37:18PM +0100, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> i generate a .deb verion of kde, and kde does the same.
> to seperate them, i use two packages :
> a) debian-kde.deb-package
> b) kde-kde.deb-package
>
> all my packages provide: a), suggests: a) and conflicts: b)
>
> please register these packages in the virtual package list.

Surely it is sufficient for your packages to Conflicts: theirs
and theirs to Conflicts: yours.

Also, should Conflicts: etc refer to packages outside the distribution,
eg the KDE-done kde packages? Unless we are planning to distribute
both kdes.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.