Re: On Bruce Perens and Dave Cinege, etc.

Hi,

	I think term limits may not be the panacea that people think
 they are.
 1) Unlike general elections, incumbents do not have more money to
    spend than challengers
 2) Unlike general elections, incumbents do not get more into the
    constituents eye (any body can mail on the lists any time)
 3) I hope we are less lackadaisical than the genral case and do not
    continue electing incumbents from sheer sloth
 4) Term limits may also force us to loose valuable talent, even if
    they are the best fit for the job at hand
 5) Term limits have litte technical merit; they are merely political
    devices. I think that the election to any post in Debian should be
    based on merit.

	What problems are term limits supposed to solve, exactly?

	manoj
--
 "I will defend to your death my right to my opinion." Author Unknown