RE: * Formal call for the removal of Bruce Perens *

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, George Bonser wrote:

> On 25-Oct-97 dc wrote:
> > Enough is enough.
>
> I disagree.

I too disagree. I think there are probably more people who disagree than
agree.

On the otherhand perhaps a distribution like Debian needs to have a
registered list of users who wants to vote on policy matters. There are
enough phyco's out there to make sure that groups such Debian do not
succeed.

The call in itself is interesting because it brings to attention the
potential for disruption that is inherent in the net.

Now turning to another issue. I think what Bruce did concerning Debian CDs
is understandable and rather difficult given the interest of commercial
companies. Perhaps after a release number has been made further fixes
should go into the release-number-updates dir as with bo.

Daniel J. Mashao --
   daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za             http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel