Re: * Formal call for the removal of Bruce Perens *

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997 14:07:31 -0500 (CDT), Jesse Goldman wrote:

>On 25-Oct-97 dc wrote:
>> Enough is enough.
>
>I'd also like to take exception to the above statement. I don't think I've
>ever been involved in a non-technical discussion on this list but I think
>it's necessary, in this case, for those of us who subscribe and take an
>interest in the Debian project to comment at this point. I believe that
>current Debian policy, as put forward by Bruce Perens and others is
>intelligent, reasonable, and consistent with the aims of free software
>development in general.

But it is not being followed. That's the point.

>If you wish to
>contribute to a project which is attempting to help a large group of
>people at little cost to you, the end user, please do so.

I am not allowed. Bruce has made this clear. Any work I do will be rejected. I've
stated this in my call for removal. You should have read it in it's enirty before
responding.

>Please do *not*
>send disparaging (not to mention ridiculous and badly thought out) posts
>to the leadership of SPI on public mailing lists. There's no question that
>this will anger dedicated and talented people and cause them to remove
>their support from the project which will hurt *everyone*, including you
>Dave. After all, someone with technical expertise and *real interest* in
>the Debian project has to *run* the project. Who's going to do that, you?
>I don't think so.

I'm not interested in arguing about this...we been throught this all before.
I haven't put forth my opinons on how *I* feel the project should be run, only what
the *Bruce* has done and is doing. If you feel I've been dishonest, then say so.
I'll be more then happy to repost Bruces own words on these topics (the censoring
you can see for yourself as I'm sure this email account will be digested within the
day.)

If you and the majority of the project think these things are A-OK then I am gone.
Just please make it clear to everyone else involved where everything really
stands, and stop the misrepesentation and excuses.