* Formal call for the removal of Bruce Perens *

On 25-Oct-97 dc wrote:
> Enough is enough.

I'd also like to take exception to the above statement. I don't think I've
ever been involved in a non-technical discussion on this list but I think
it's necessary, in this case, for those of us who subscribe and take an
interest in the Debian project to comment at this point. I believe that
current Debian policy, as put forward by Bruce Perens and others is
intelligent, reasonable, and consistent with the aims of free software
development in general. Letters such as DC's are reminiscent of many I've
seen over the past 10 years on bulletin boards and other mailing lists.
These letters are sent by people who don't understand the difference
between, for example, freedom and anarchy. Maybe it comes from watching
too much television, I don't know. (Author's message -->): If you wish to
contribute to a project which is attempting to help a large group of
people at little cost to you, the end user, please do so. Please do *not*
send disparaging (not to mention ridiculous and badly thought out) posts
to the leadership of SPI on public mailing lists. There's no question that
this will anger dedicated and talented people and cause them to remove
their support from the project which will hurt *everyone*, including you
Dave. After all, someone with technical expertise and *real interest* in
the Debian project has to *run* the project. Who's going to do that, you?
I don't think so.

J. Goldman