Re: DEBIAN POLICY WEEKLY, #4 (October 23, 1997)

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997 jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 1997 at 10:53:39PM +0200, Christian Schwarz wrote:
> >      2. Serial devices
>
> This point was also adressed in Brian White's "Upcoming Debian Releases"
> document
> (http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-9709/msg00042.html).
>
> Could you please explain how you see the relation between that document and
> the "POLICY WEEKLY" messages? Is Brian's document obseleted by them, or does
> it serve a different function?

This is a very good question! Since I haven't talked to Brian on this yet,
I can only speak for my part:

Brian's job is to decide which "features" will be included in the
releases. Therefore, he maintains a list of "release goals", the `Upcoming
Debian Releses' postings.

My job is to assemble and coordinate all policy changes. To implement the
goals it's sometimes necessary to introduce policy changes, which will be
presented in my "Policy Weekly" postings.

Thus, the two postings serve different functions.

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
Do you know         schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian GNU/Linux?    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.debian.org   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/