Re: Packages that require enormous amounts of source

Guy Maor <maor@ece.utexas.edu> writes:
> Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> writes:
>
> > In my opinion, this is an unreasonable amount of source code to
> > include in a source package, since all the source code is available
> > elsewhere.  However, Debian policy requires *all* applicable source to
> > be included in a source package (right?), and a bug was recently filed
> > against Checker to this effect.
>
> Maybe you could use the orig.tar.gz from other packages.

Right, that's a good idea; however, it doesn't solve the basic problem
of policy requiring the full source.

> You should at least include the md5sums and URLs of all these
> tarballs, if you're not already.

I should do this.
--
Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> <blp@gnu.org> <pfaffben@debian.org>
Senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail will receive free 32MB core files!