Re: When to get the upstream maintainer involved.

> the solution is a good common sence, and now policy can teach us this.
> we better write a friendly text that states this, than a hard policy of
> do's and dont's.

Sounds fine to me. It's clear from maintainer input that we need some
flexibility and that upstream maintainers are not all the same. I just
don't want Debian to be conveying the "can you do my homework, please"
image to the upstream maintainers.

Are you interested in editing my text into something "friendlier"?

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html