Re: Perl files in base.

Christian Schwarz wrote:

> Now we are starting again from the beginning...
>
> I asked for this (making tetex* predepend on dpkg-perl) but Ian
> Jackson objected since this is too risky (check out debian-devel).

done.
Ian Jackson wrote:

> So you should not make tetex's preinst depend on dpkg-perl.  Only
> Essential packages are guaranteed to be available in preinst scripts.

He says "depends on" not pre-depends on".

Anyway, His later post to debian-devel clarify everything and I agree on
his proposed policy. (I don't know why he asks to not use scripts in
var/dpkg , but I can suppose a lot ...)

Well, I think that the policy problem is solved; just another word about
tetex packages: it's ok to run in the postinst things installed by that
package or another it depends, but including perl modules in tetex only
to do that seems to me like forcing things: I suggest using Pre-depends.

fabrizio