Re: Policy ambiguity regarding control files

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> immo vero scripsit:

> 	So, each header line is logically a single line, phisically it
>  may be broken into multiple lines with leading spaces.
>
> 	I agree that either policy needs to be clarified, or changed.
>
> 	If the consensus is to change the policy, then this is
>  underscores the dfifferences that policy may impose on the interface
>  that packages have with the packaging system, as opposed to dpkg
>  documentation.

Note that in the current policy documentation, carefully reading it
one would draw the conclusion that only multiple-line field is

There may be tools that we don't know that depend on this
behavior. All tools I know of work, but at least awk/sed/grep
don't, in their simplest forms.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4