Re: Debian/Linux not recognizing Handspring Visor

Hi Don,

I hate to ask in case you tried it, but... are you pressing the button on
the cradle?  I don't use evolution/coldsync, I'm using jpilot/pilot-xfer,
but when my visor isn't in the cradle, or IS in the cradle but I don't
push the button on the cradle, I get this:

pilot-xfer -l

   Unable to bind to port /dev/pilot
   pi_bind: No such device

everything works if I press the button on the cradle and then immediately
(within a few seconds, I don't know what the timeout is) start the
pilot-xfer/jpilot/whatever sync.  (note: I linked /dev/pilot and
/dev/visor to /dev/ttyUSB1).

I can't do any testing right now, I left my visor at work on my desk. ;-)

good luck.

--
kc

Kevin Conover: kconover@optonline.net