: Problems syncin' with a palmV

Hi,  i'm having  trouble syncing my palmV with linux.

the /dev/pilot is a symbolic link to: /dev/ttyS01
which is the serial line where  the cradle is connected.

with jpilot, i allways get something like  error(10) or exit(10), when i
hit the hotsyncin the cradle, and click hotsync button.

I've tried also with user root, but the problem is the same.

I remmembered using some other aplication, but i can't recall its name,
wich acording to it, the palm closed/terminated the connection, after a
few seconds.

I haven't got the slightest idea about, what could be the problem.
A friend of mine can sync with a palmIII without any problem, and the
modus operandi is the same.

TIA!
from:				Miguel Sousa Filipe

p.s.: wich is the proper way to get a specified user access to the palm,
without compromising security?