Re: gdb with prc-tools under slink?

On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 12:04:53PM -0500, Tim Norman wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 12:15:08AM -0800, Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
> > Has anyone managed to get m68k-palmos-coff-gdb running with prc-tools under
> > slink? Mark Eichin (**hi Mark!**) posted a bug about this at
> >
> >   <http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/30/30874.html>.
> >
> > As soon as you start it, it dies with the error "gdb internal error: Memory
> > corruption. Quit."
> >
> > Can anyone get this to work? I'm sort of aghast that it doesn't run _at all_...
>
> I've been using the gdb in prc-tools 0.5.0r-3 for several days now with very
> few problems.

Yes, it works well for me too.

> The only problems I've seen have to do with POSE crashing...
> Debugging works fine.

If you compile pose with --enable-debug, then it uses lots of extra
assertions and will terminate more often.  I don't know if you're
using the default Debian POSE, or if it has it set.

The most recent pose in potato is 3.0a3, and the 3.0a4 in devzone is a
considerable improvement.

--
Martin Pool, Technical Support Engineer, Linuxcare, Inc.
+61 2 6262 8990