Re: Mailclient for PalmOS for multiple Mailboxes

24.09.2000 pisze awlydick@bulldog.unca.edu (awlydick@bulldog.unca.edu):

> [I]t sounds like there is demand for some real mail support for the
> palm. After having asked this question myself, I've heard at least
> 3-4 other people on this list w/ the same sort of question. Right now
> there is just palm-mail or whatever it's called, that comes with
> pilot-tools. It handles pop3 and MH directories. Neither of which
> I've found very convenient. What would be useful features for a real
> set of mail tools for the palm? And how many folks on this list have
> the interest in developing them? I'd certainly be willing to lend
> some time / energy in design / coding (C or C++)

Me and my palmIIIxe could probably do some testing for you.

> Thoughts?

Well, erm... I would welcome (1) MIME-awareness and (2) message
recoding (eg. the preferred encoding for my language is, what a
pity, windows-1250 [it means: that is, what known to me Polish palm
users have], which isn't compatible with standard ISO-8859-2), (3) maybe
native POP3/IMAP support?

(except (3) the reencoding of messages could take place during
uploading mail to pilot via some pilot-mail-alike tool)

best regards,
Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

            Fudd's First Law of Opposition:
              Push something hard enough and it will fall over.