Re: gnome-pilot && gnome-pim

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 08:45:07AM -0600, Christopher Browne wrote:

> That certainly helps in terms of getting it all installed.
>
> I'm not able to get things started; the conduit applet can't find
> the daemon, and more importantly, if I start the daemon explicitly,
> it finds thusly:
> Message: Unable to load host id information, assuming unset
> Message: No pilot userid/username information located
> Message: Unable to load pilot id/username, assuming unset
> Message: No pilot craddle information located
> Message: Unable to load pilot craddle info, assuming unset
>
> When I start up the configuration applet, I get thus:
>
> ** ERROR **: Cannot connect to the GnomePilot Daemon
> aborting...
>
> ** ERROR **: Cannot connect to the GnomePilot Daemon
> aborting...
>
> Speculation #1:
>
> Does it need a port I have turned off?
>
> Speculation #2:
>
> Perhaps this is missing the initial config file.
> Could this work, given some basic config file as a "boost"?

I'm also having this exact problem myself, I was looking and it says
it was compiled for pilot-link 0.9.4, but the latest package I have is
0.9.3.  I'm going to try upgrading and see if that fixes it.

MBG

--
   Matthew Guenther                       What you don't know can hurt you,
   mguenther@netcom.ca                    only you won't know it.