Re: PPP connection? Palm IIIs? Getty?

Dear Alexander,

thank you very much for sending your configuration info. I have been
following the discussion on 'Pilot TCP/IP by Cradle', but wasn't able to
connect my Pilot to the Linux box.

As it turned out, the default connect script (I didn't even notice before
that there could be one :-) waited for a 'login:' prompt, while the pppd
waited for a configuration request.

Disabling the script, setting the parameters like you pointed out gave me
immediate success.

Perhaps a 'forgotten' connect script may be what prevent's others from
connecting their pilot to the Internet.

Thanks,
-- sf