Problem with FS4000US and VueScan on Wheezy

Hello,

I am trying to find some help for using a (rather old) Canon FS4000US film
scanner with VueScan. Here is my problem : I am running Debian Wheezy (32 bits),
and I have been using the scanner for quite a while under previous Debian
versions. Now VueScan doesn't detect the scanner any more, it says "No scanner
was found attached to your computer". I suppose the problem appeared when I
upgraded from Squeeze to Wheezy (I'm not 100% sure since I don't use the scanner
very often, but what else could it be ?)

VueScan works OK with my HP Photosmart b109a printer/scanner, and the Canon
works OK with the Windows version of VueScan ...

VueScan developer says it should be a problem with libusb, but I couldn't sort
it out, and I didn't find anything in the group archive (or on the Net). Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jean-François Bosc, France