Re: Photo management

Kai Hendry wrote:
On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> wrote:
 The alternative I've been pondering is just keeping all photos on disk,
 in folders named by date, with maybe a text file per folder to add
 description. I've done this before, and it was somewhat tedious, but at
 least it is low-tech enough to not otherwise be troublesome, and the
 data has longevity, unlike binary database blobs.

The "low tech" method works for me. It's not terribly tedious with
shell. My work flow is:

I do something similar but also use a Django based database for later fun. Gives me the low-tech, each option plus I can browse the remote media server via ssh, the web, whatever.