Re: Photo management

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> wrote:
>  The alternative I've been pondering is just keeping all photos on disk,
>  in folders named by date, with maybe a text file per folder to add
>  description. I've done this before, and it was somewhat tedious, but at
>  least it is low-tech enough to not otherwise be troublesome, and the
>  data has longevity, unlike binary database blobs.

The "low tech" method works for me. It's not terribly tedious with
shell. My work flow is:

http://svn.natalian.org/projects/static/prep.sh
Grabs the stuff from my /mnt/sd (SD card) and puts them in
~/media/static/$(date --iso-8601)/

Then I tag the batch:
http://svn.natalian.org/projects/static/tag.sh

Then I upload/backup: