on/offline picture management

Hi,

Like I said, I use digiKam for picture management. That works, for the
most part, except for one little detail: it requires way more diskspace
than what I'm willing to give it on my laptop.

So I've decided to store my pictures on my home server (which has 500G
of RAID1 space), and mount that using NFS. This works, except that I now
can no longer manage my pictures unless I'm in the same LAN as my server
is.

Anyone have any better ideas?

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22