RE: mr up not fetching repositories it should fetch

It sounds to me like the command should first (before any fetching or other activity) go through all the checkout directories, and bomb out (with clear error messages) if any have modified files.

Best regards,

Ed

From: gregor herrmann
Sent: 27 June 2022 21:50
To: debian-perl@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: mr up not fetching repositories it should fetch

On Mon, 27 Jun 2022 22:19:19 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> > > compare-lastactivity looks at the ctime (i-node/metadata change time).

> > > Perhaps it should look at the mtime (data change time)?

> > That's an interesting idea. Maybe worth trying? :)

> Tried that and it doesn't solve the problem.

Too bad but thanks for trying!

> I think I discovered how

> this happened.

> When there are local changes that aren't committed, gbp pull (run by

> mr up) will fetch, updating .git/FETCH_HEAD, but the merge will fail.

> This leaves the repository in an old state, behind salsa.

Ah, I see.

Maybe there's a better file in .git than .git/FETCH_HEAD to check?

> What did help was to run 'gbp pull' over all repositories and note the

> failing ones, fix them by hand or just remove them. Later 'mr up' does

> the right thing. Took a lot of time, but at least now I can grep for

> missing autopkgtests :)

So at least some success :)

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org

: :' : OpenPGP fingerprint D1E1 316E 93A7 60A8 104D  85FA BB3A 6801 8649 AA06

`. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe

   `-