Re: libgtk3: pkg-config really required?

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 20:11:30 +0200, Alexander Traud wrote:

> Two years ago, the developer tool pkg-config was added as
> dependency in the packages libglib-perl [1], libcairo-perl [2], and
> libcairo-gobject-perl [3]. Because of that, (even a minimal) Ubuntu
> Desktop installation contains that tool nowadays, because its
> Update Manager depends on libgtk3-perl.
>
> Is that an issue, I should report as bug via the usual channels,
> for each of these three packages? Or was that done on some purpose,
> I do not understand.

Taking a very quick look, this happened because the upstream
META.{json,yml} define them as a runtime requirements.

My hunch is that this might be wrong; so yes, please file bugs and
we'll take a closer look to see if these runtime dependencies are
actually bogus.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-