libgtk3: pkg-config really required?

Two years ago, the developer tool pkg-config was added as dependency in the packages libglib-perl [1], libcairo-perl [2], and libcairo-gobject-perl [3]. Because of that, (even a minimal) Ubuntu Desktop installation contains that tool nowadays, because its Update Manager depends on libgtk3-perl.

Is that an issue, I should report as bug via the usual channels, for each of these three packages? Or was that done on some purpose, I do not understand.

[1] <https://salsa.debian.org/perl-team/modules/packages/libglib-perl/-/commit/a0eab9d2473d89b01735225462b8ee98707597c3>
[2] <https://salsa.debian.org/perl-team/modules/packages/libcairo-perl/-/commit/422b6b7491962f9b8dda5c506f46b9f4b6422ccf>
[3] <https://salsa.debian.org/perl-team/modules/packages/libcairo-gobject-perl/-/commit/220492523381a733230488b3df05ad0ba864990d>