Re: Finance::Quote Update

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 09:47:59 +0100, Rainer Dorsch wrote:

> Hi Gregor,

Hi Rainer,

> Although it throws quite some errors, the modules relevant for me seem to work
> (which is not the case in 1.49 release in the Debian repo):

Could you explain what problems 1.49-1 has?
I'm asking because there are no bug reports in the Debian BTS about
it.

> I think it would be worthwhile to do a proper update by somebody who has some
> more experience in perl and Debian packaging.

I've imported the 1.50-rc1 tarball into our packaging repo. [0] It
contains huge changes (might be called a partial rewrite) and took
some work to get a working package again (e.g. with patches, as
you noted, and also with dependencies etc.)

Typically I would not upload a release candidate, and I would not
upload a package with huge changes during the soft freeze.
OTOH, if 1.49-1 is indeed broken, we might want to take the risks …

https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/issues/173 is also not
very encouraging …

Maybe I should upload what we have now to experimental to get some
testing?
Ok, I just went ahead, and 1.50~rc1-1 is now (module buildds and
mirror sync) in experimental.

Rainer, do you have a chance to install and test this version?

[0] https://salsa.debian.org/perl-team/modules/packages/libfinance-quote-perl

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe