Re: Not sure how to install some perl modules for mecat2

Den 30.06.2020 21:28, skrev Shayan Doust:
Hello Perl team,

I am currently packaging mecat2[1] for the Debian Med team. I must first
admit that I have never touched anything Perl-related.

Most of mecat2 is written in C(++), however there are some Perl
modules[2] that need installing. I am not sure if it would be acceptable
enough to install these in some path listed in @INC (although this does
work, just not sure what is accepted standard-wise) or if there is
preferred way of installing these Perl module files.

Please note that I am currently not subscribed to this mailing list.

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/mecat2/
[2]:
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/mecat2/-/tree/master/src/pipeline/Plgd

Perhaps, look at how dh-make-perl is packaged (as it contains bundled perl modules).

Another option is to investigate if the perl modules exist (or can be moved to CPAN, and make an own debian package out of a CPAN tar-ball)