Re: lintian tag team/pkg-perl/testsuite/no-team-tests

On Mon, 07 Dec 2020 16:07:46 +0200, Andrius Merkys wrote:

> I am working on a package already having pkg-perl autopkgtest suite, and
> with 'Testsuite: autopkgtest-pkg-perl' in d/control. I want to add a
> regular autopkgtest in addition to already existing pkg-perl suite.

Out of curiosity: Why? [0]

> add d/tests/control with a 'Test-Command' there, but now lintian
> complains with:
>
> team/pkg-perl/testsuite/no-team-tests autopkgtest, autopkgtest-pkg-perl
>
> The same tag is shown even if I change to 'Testsuite: autopkgtest,
> autopkgtest-pkg-perl'. Am I doing something wrong, or is this an issue
> with lintian?

I think I've seen this before, and so far I've ignored it (or maybe
overridden it) as "well, yes, this is a special situation …"

But maybe lintian could be improved, I never really looked into the
details of this combination.

[0]
We do have some packages like this:

% ls -1d */debian/tests/control
boxer/debian/tests/control
debsums/debian/tests/control
equivs/debian/tests/control
lemonldap-ng/debian/tests/control
libapache-authenhook-perl/debian/tests/control
libapache-ssllookup-perl/debian/tests/control
libapache2-mod-perl2/debian/tests/control
libapache2-reload-perl/debian/tests/control
libcli-framework-perl/debian/tests/control
libdbd-mariadb-perl/debian/tests/control
libdbd-mysql-perl/debian/tests/control
libdist-inkt-perl/debian/tests/control
mb2md/debian/tests/control

(Although some of them would probably be fine with a default
autopkgtest-pkg-perl. Others are applications and not typical CPAN
distributions/modules, and others really need special casing.)

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe