Re: depends on liblocale-codes-perl

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 10:45:43AM +0200, Jeff wrote:

> John still has perl-modules-5.24, which provides liblocale-codes-perl.
> But as his perl is probably 5.30, perl-modules-5.24 is probably not in
> his @INC.

This seems to be an unfortunate oversight in our Provides handling
in src:perl.

https://bugs.debian.org/899110 is related. This was fixed in the 5.26
cycle, so after stretch. It looks like we missed the Locale-Codes
removal between stretch and buster.

So it should only happen for systems upgraded from stretch. A
workaround for gscan2pdf could be to declare a versioned dependency on
liblocale-codes-perl (>= 3.60) or something like that so it wouldn't be
satisfied by the old perl-modules-5.24.

Not sure if we should make perl in sid/bullseye Break perl-modules-5.24.
I'd prefer to keep them coinstallable but I can't see any other generic
fix.
--
Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org