Re: depends on liblocale-codes-perl

-=| Jeff, 15.10.2020 08:03:49 +0200 |=-
> Apologies for being (slightly) off-topic:
>
> gscan2pdf-2.9.1 has a new depends on liblocale-codes-perl:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/gscan2pdf
>
> but for (maybe only some) users upgrading from 2.9.0, apt doesn't seem
> to be pulling in liblocale-codes-perl. I've had four or five reports
> similar to this:

> Can anyone show me where my bug is hiding?

My clue was the list of dependencies in the reportbug boilerplate of
#972218:

…
ii  libtry-tiny-perl                          0.30-1
ii  perl-modules-5.24 [liblocale-codes-perl]  5.24.1-3+deb9u5
ii  sane-utils                                1.0.31-2

liblocale-codes-perl is provided by perl-modules-5.24. That's
oldstable and perhaps an *unused* leftover from an upgrade.

My guess was that gscan2pdf misses a dependency on `perl' (missing in
the reportbug's list). perl would bring suitable perl-modules-x.yy
package that is actually in the search path (@INC) and provides
Locale::Language.

However, libtry-tiny-perl has a dependency on `perl', so while I still
think that gscan2pdf needs to depend on `perl', I don't understand how
missing that would lead to the situation in the bug report.

Confused,
    dam