Re: Statistics::PCA and friends

Hi Andrius,

merkys@debian.org, on 2020-05-27 14:41:52 +0300:
> On 2020-05-26 20:58, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> > I believe the package for the Math::Cephes should be in good
> > shape as well, if you, or someone else of the Perl team, wish
> > to review it.
>
> I gave your packaging a look and uploaded it after doing some adjustments to the d/copyright. You may review them in the packaging repository.

Acknowledged, looks like I overlooked effects of the indentation
on control files descriptions in general; thank you for your
changes.

> > For information, there are a few things which might be worth
> > being aware of, at least:
> >   * the Cephes library has copyrighted material which I'm
> >     half comfortable with, although it is freely redistribuable,
> >     and it has already been used in other Debian packages in the
> >     past, it concerns the work of Stephen L. Moshier;
>
> Embedded copies of the Cephes library are indeed abundant in the Debian archive. Thus I assume there should be no problem with yet another one. At some point it would be nice to deduplicate the code, but for time being I think this is OK.

Following your recommendation in the other thread, I opened a
branch swig-dedup, to assess if such task would be feasible.
The branch already has a commit with a swig call, a few options
maybe deemed minimum, and proper build dependencies.  I may have
a look back at this stub probably not this evening, but in the
future maybe.

> >   * I'm under the impression the module should be rebuilt from
> >     the swig file Cephes.i, but since the build time testing is
> >     failing if I do so, I left lib/Math/Cephes.pm untouched for
> >     the time being.
>
> swig-generated bindings are also abundant in the Debian archive, and they do not seem to be frowned upon.
>
> Thanks for the contribution!

Thank you for the review and upload,
Have a nice day  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d