Re: contribute/participate Debian perl

Hello Gregor,

Thank you for the feedback. I will for sure proceed with the links you suggested.

See you soon

Cheers,
Joao

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 10:32 PM gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 09:25:27 +0100, Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:

> For some time I have considered I could also contribute a bit, maybe I have
> something that could help Debian as Debian has helped me so much. Maybe I
> could translate documents, or contribute with code (), or… maybe there are
> other tasks that might be required… validation, and so on!

Great, thanks for your offer to help!

> I know that some important packages, related to dpkg, lintian, and so, are
> written in perl, and I have just discovered the perl group.

Right, we are the ones packaging thousands of CPAN modules for Debian
:)

> I have only started reading the "Debian Packaging Tutorial" yesterday.
> Could anyone show me some directions? Where could I start?

Lucas' packaging tutorial is indeed a good start into Debian
packaging (and even has a small perl part, hopefully still working):
https://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#packaging-tutorial

For the Perl Group specific documentation, you can start at
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome and follow the
links there, e.g. to https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 : :' : OpenPGP fingerprint D1E1 316E 93A7 60A8 104D  85FA BB3A 6801 8649 AA06
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Sinéad O'Connor: Tiny Grief Song