Re: configured-with-dpt-salsa (was: Giving DDs access to perl-team/modules)

On 04/02/2020 19:12, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 16:24:13 +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
>
>> <digression>
>> Speaking of "team practices", I'd like to remind people to create new
>> repos by running `dpt salsa pushrepo' and only by running `dpt salsa
>> pushrepo'.
>
> Speaking of which:
> nodens and me talked about this at the Bruxelles Mini-DebCamp last
> week, and found that dpt-salsa already has some interesting building
> blocks for making detecting these configuration glitches easier.
>
> I just pushed a branch "configured-with-dpt-salsa" to pkg-perl-tool's
> repo with one commit with a harmless change. Commit message:
>
> #v+
> dpt-salsa: warn about potentially misconfigured repositories.
>
> The configurerepo() sub sets a tag named 'configured-with-dpt-salsa', and
> the mrconfig() sub checks for existence of this tag, and outputs the list of
> repositories without it at the end.
> #v-
>
> The repository for the package 'alice' (alphabetically first :)) was
> my guinea pig if someone wants to check how this looks on the web.
>

> Does anyone see a problem with this approach, the tag name, or
> something else?

I love it! On a purely cosmetical note, we only see "configured…" and no
mention of dpt-salsa without mouse-over. Maybe change this to
dpt-salsa-configured ? Slightly less good human language, but makes it
appear as "dpt-salsa…" on the web interface.

That said, I'm OK with the current name as well.

> (As a side note, before merging this into master I'd need to run `dpt
> salsa configurerepo --all' to make the output useful.)

True, but then you (we) shouldn't have to run it again unless we change
the policy / the way dpt salsa works ;)

nodens