Re: Geo::Point, Geo::Proj4 and PROJ 6

Le 18/04/2019 à 10:42, Xavier a écrit :
>> With reverse recommended dependencies:
>>
>> libgeo-proj4-perl         (18 recent installs, 10 votes)
>>  +-> libosm-gary68-perl   (10 recent installs,  5 votes)
>>  |    +-> rel2gpx         (10 recent installs,  5 votes)
>>  +-> libgeo-point-perl    (13 recent installs,  8 votes)
>>  +-> gis-devel            (no popcon data)
>>
>> All maintained by Debian GIS Project except libgeo-point-perl.
>
> Reported to Geo::Point: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=129222

Hi all,

upstream give me the following response :

* Xavier Guimard via RT (bug-Geo-Point@rt.cpan.org) [190418 08:41]:
> Thu Apr 18 04:41:23 2019: Request 129222 was acted upon.
> Transaction: Ticket created by GUIMARD
>        Queue: Geo-Point
>      Subject: Deprecated dependency to Geo::Proj4
>    Broken in: 0.98
>     Severity: Important
>        Owner: Nobody
>   Requestors: x.guimard@free.fr
>  Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=129222 >
>
> according to https://github.com/markov2/perl5-Geo-Proj4/issues/1,
Geo::Proj4 is currently deprecated. We plan to remove it from Debian.

No no no!  That's totally wrong!
The proj library version 4 which my module uses has become deprecated.
After ages of stability, it got a version 5 and now even a version 6.
My code currently depends on some files from version which has disappeared.

On my short list for this month is an update to support version 6.
Do not remove it from Debian!
--
Regards,
               MarkOv