Re: Updating Debian Perl group team page

On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 11:38:52 +0100, Alex Muntada wrote:

> > 1) Should we still reference PET? (Is PET ever going to be used
> > again?
> Many of the PET information and features have been integrades
> into tracker.debian.org, e.g.
> https://tracker.debian.org/teams/pkg-perl/

Ack.

> > => update https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/changelog.html
> > accordingly
> I'm not sure that those PET keywords are also supported in
> tracker.d.o. If they're not, we can either try to add support
> for them or forget about them altogether and get rid of this
> page.

I'm not sure if tracker already repects them, but it should IMO.
(Lucas Kanashiro might know?)

But even besides tracker there are other consumers of the tags:
- humans reading d/changelog
- dpt-new-upstream

So please keep this page (or its content somewhere else).

> > 2) Is this still used?: https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/qa/
> I think those files haven't been updated since we moved our repos
> to salsa.d.o. Tracking those issues is still an interesting thing
> to do IMHO, though we may need to find a different place for
> that.

Ack. I think the current qa/ directory with its cruft can be removed.

> > 5) What's the purpose of linking to
> > https://packages.debian.org/sid/dh-make-perl on the team page?
> > wouldn't it be better to link to a man-like page (as done for
> > other pages like forward.html or git.html)?
> Linking to dh-make-perl manpage would be better, indeed.

Ack, I guess the purpose of linking to the packages page was just to
link to anything which provides further information about
dh-make-perl.

> > 6) What's the purpose of pkg-perl-tools (it seems to hold
> > important information)? (ah ok, I found the info in its control
> > file => wouldnt' it be good to create a README.md file at the
> > root of this repo?)
> What about linking to dpt manpage instead? Thus, we won't need to
> duplicate the same information in the README.

Agreed, I'd try to avoid duplicating information.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Leonard Cohen: I Can't Forget